The health world has gone mad for Matcha these past few months! When I first tried Matcha tea, I thought it was pretty strong and tasted like grass (just keeping it real 😛 ) Buuuuut then I discovered that you can bake with it! So in light of this information, I have created a Matcha pancake recipe 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup’s oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Matcha powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 scoop of protein powder (can be substituted with coconut sugar/sweetener of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside to cool down.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in one bowl and all the dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Oil the frying pan with coconut oil and fry the pancakes until golden brown.
You can enjoy them with greek yogurt and honey, but I had some yummy Skinny Scoop Nuwhey ice-cream with mine 😛