I’m a firm believer that life should be about BALANCE ??
These cookies are gluten free, grain free, unrefined sugar free, dairy free and vegan…sounds super healthy right??!! ?
They are, however, pretty calorie dense…In saying that though, they are the ‘good’ type of calories and definitely something that should be on the top of your ‘Healthy cheat’ list ?
‘ROMANY CREAMS’ copycat cookies:
1 cup mixed nuts, raw and unsalted (I always use the mixed tree nuts from Manolis Munchies)
3/4 cup sugar and salt free peanut butter
2 heaped cups of pitted dates
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp bicarb
1/4 tsp himilayan salt
– Preheat oven to 180′ and lime a baking tray with some baking paper.
– Add the nuts and dates to a food processor and blend for about a minute.
– Add the remainder of the ingredients and blend until a sticky dough starts to form (You may need to add a few TBS of water, this will all depend on the consistency of your dough)
– Once a dough has formed, with wet hands, start rolling the mixture into small balls (about the size of a 5 rand coin)
– Using a fork, press each ball down and pop into the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until they turn a golden brown.
– Wait until the cookies have cooled and hardened and then remove them from the tray.
To make the filling:
In a pot, on the stove, melt the following:
– 1 cup carob chunks (You can use dark chocolate/sugar free chocolate for a non- vegan version)
– 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
– 2 TBS agave (You can use honey for a non-vegan version)
– 2 TBS cocoa
– 1 TBS vanilla essence
– A pinch of himilayan salt
Once the mixture has melted nicely, allow it to cool and thicken for 15 minutes before using it to sandwich the cookies together ??