It is SILLY SEASON!!!!
My favourite time of year is HERE! And with it come’s the inevitable consumption of not-so-healthy food and drinks.
So for those of you who, like myself, like to keep it as healthy as possible around the festive season, here is a list of my tips and tricks to keep your health on track while still having festive fun!
- Drink plenty of water. This is easily one of the most neglected healthy habits for most people! I like to have 500ml – 1 litre of water every morning before breakfast and then at least 2 more litres throughout the day. This will help you avoid snacking during the day and keep you hydrated.
- Do outdoor activities. Yes, we do enjoy lounging around and relaxing during our holidays, but try and get outdoors. Try to learn a new skill this festive season, be it surfing, skateboarding, snow boarding or mountain biking – it doesn’t matter! Being active will keep your body using energy and maintain your metabolism levels.
- Exercise early in the morning. Even if you just do a bedroom/hotel room workout, get it done as you wake up so you don’t have an excuse not to do it later in the day.
- Keep breakfast clean. It is more likely that you will make healthier food choices throughout the day if you have a healthy start. So don’t fall into the trap of eating an unhealthy breakfast during the holidays.
- CALM DOWN! This may sound funny – but people seem to go food-crazy once they’re on holiday, it’s as if they will never get to eat again! So just remember ice-cream, chocolate and all the goodies will still exist next year – you don’t have to consume it all this holiday! 😉
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!