It can be difficult getting back into gym and eating healthily after the December holidays. I know this because I love my holiday food, and I love to sleep in 😛 But it’s time to get back into the swing of things for the year ahead! So to help those of you who are struggling to get out of bed early, or go to gym after a long work day, I have some tips and tricks to share with you 😀
If you like to go to gym early in the morning, but are struggling to get back into your routine, here are some tips that may help:
- Pack your gym bag the night before you go to sleep.
- Prepare your meals for the day ahead so that you don’t have to worry about it in the morning.
- Plan your work outfit the night before and put it out neatly so you don’t waste time sifting through your clothes in the morning.
- Plan your workout for the week so that you have a goal to achieve.
- Plan to workout with a friend so that you both have a commitment to train together.
- Set three alarms so that you don’t ‘miss’ one or fall asleep again.
If you like to go to gym after work, but find yourself too tired or you have too much work to do, try these tips to help you commit to your workout:
- Pack your gym bag in the morning and leave it in your car so you can go straight to gym after work, and don’t get tempted to skip your workout.
- Prepare your meals so that you don’t have to worry about cooking after you have been to gym.
- Join a class, like Crossfit or spinning, so that you have a commitment to go to the class.
- Go to gym with someone who works at the same company as you so that you have someone to keep you motivated to go to gym.
As for eating healthily, keep doing meal preps and try to stick to a meal plan. This will help you to cut out those unhealthy rushed lunches, and also give you the correct amount of energy you need for gym and the day ahead. 🙂 It takes 21 days to make or break a habit! JUST DO IT <3