Yum Yum… Today I was feeling very sorry for myself while sitting in bed STILL sick 🙁 I decided to get out of bed and make these delicious muffins! This recipe is inspired by my protein pancakes, they are so yummy and they have no sugar! Win 😉 So before you get excited to go make these, I have to tell you that they are NOT for the sweet tooth. These muffins are more like oatmeal or bran muffins, they are perfect for a breakfast on-the-go or for office lunches 🙂 . I recommend you have them with greek yogurt and honey, or with some fresh berries!
- 2 cups of raw oats – ground
- 2 scoops of protein powder of choice, I use vanilla or cookies and cream
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, prepare the muffin tray with grease proof muffin holders.
- Blend the oats in a blender if you have not bough them ground already.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Wish together all the wet ingredients and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Once the mixture is mixed together, pour into the set aside muffin tray.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Be sure to check the muffins after 15 minutes to check if they are cooked through.
And enjoy! 🙂 Let me know in the comments below what you think, and use the hashtags #fitbabe95 for me to follow you on Instagram 😀