I was reading something the other day that really struck a light bulb about my health and reaching my goals. You know those days when a cheat meal turns into a cheat day? Yep, that was me. In fact thats been me for the past couple of weekends. And you know what I never thought of before this moment? The fact that what I have been doing, is BINGE EATING!! Without even realising it, I have been binge eating on unhealthy food over the weekend. I know that people always say “that one unhealthy meal won’t kill you”, yes very true, it won’t, but a whole day of unhealthy food WILL undo all the hard work you have put in during the week. So whats my solution? Stop, take a step back and think before you say that it’ll be ok to have junk food for an entire day.
As I have had this revolution, I’ve put together a list for myself that will help me reach my goals, and I thought I’d help some of you by sharing it too 🙂
- If you HAVE to have a cheat meal, make it small! Don’t go all out and have an unhealthy breakfast, lunch and dinner. Only have one small treat.
- Start your day off healthy. Chances are that if you have a healthy start to your day, you probably won’t want to be unhealthy for the rest of it.
- Avoid buying unhealthy things, like biscuits or chocolates, during the week. If you KNOW they are in the cupboard when your cheat day comes, you will probably eat them all.
- Drink water! Staying ‘full’ with water will help you avoid being hungry and eating whatever you feel like.
- Just have some self-discipline (note to self here 😉 ). We all love some form of unhealthy food, but you have to decide on whats more important.
Those are my 5 tips on staying committed to your goals and hopefully it helps 🙂 If you don’t have this problem then yay for you! haha, but I know this was a serious wake up call for me 🙁 Anyways tomorrow is the start of another week, which means a fresh start to bring you closer to your goals!
P.S I want to film a workout video this week, so hopefully I get around to doing that 😀