Happy Sunday beautiful people! 🙂
Over the past few months, the world has gone Matcha-mad! When I first heard of Matcha powder, I thought it was the same thing as green tea. But after some research on the product, I have found out that Matcha has waaaay more benefits than green tea.
So first things first, what is this Matcha powder? Essentially, Matcha powder is green tea on steroids 😛 Some weeks before the harvest of the plants, the tea leaves are shaded so as to slow the growth down. This stimulates the plant to increase its chlorophyll levels and the production of L-Theanine (and amino acid) Once the leaves are harvested, they are ground into a fine powder which is then the Matcha powder.
- Out of all the green tea’s out there, Matcha has the most antioxidants that flush all the toxins out of your body.
- Because of its antioxidants and detoxifying qualities, Matcha can help clear your skin.
- The high levels of L-Theanine enhances the production of dopamine and serotonin. This helps you feel better as well as enhance memory and concentration.
- Matcha powder is a cancer fighter and reduces cholesterol levels.
- Drinking Matcha tea can help boost your metabolism and increase your energy levels.
The ratio of Matcha to green tea is that one cup of Matcha tea = 10 Cups of normal green tea!! 😀 Matcha powder has also been proven to have way more antioxidants than other antioxidant foods such as gogi berries, broccoli, spinach, acai berries and many more!
There are many ways to consume your Matcha-magic 😉 One is just as a tea (personally this tastes like grass), You can have Matcha latte’s, add it to your smoothie or use it in baking!