Let’s talk Superfoods….
What are these mysteriously healthy foods? Well, superfoods are the most mineral and nutrient dense foods on the planet, easily absorbed by the human body! Superfoods are full of antioxidants and anti-ageing properties that help the human body live its healthiest life 🙂
I have purchased the Wazoogles Superfood protein shake to get my daily dose of antioxidants. Wazoogles is a South African made product, based in Cape Town, that are full of raw plant based fuel, vegan based protein, they are gluten free and sugar free and there are no genetically modified substances involved.
So far, the Wazoogles unicorn berry protein powder is my favourite one 🙂 But I am yet to try the coffee and vanilla flavours.
You can use Wazoogles in almost anything. I have made oats and smoothie bowls with mine so far, but there will be muffin recipes and flapjack recipes to come 😛
Here is my smoothie bowl recipe:
- A handful of Frozen berries
- 1/2 a scoop of Wazoogle protein powder
- 8 Almonds
- A tablespoon of Muesli (or more if you want)
- About 1/2 a cup of Greek yogurt
- A teaspoon of Honey (if you must)
- Blend the frozen berries and yogurt together in a blender.
- Spoon it out into a bowl, and add the protein powder.
- Add whichever nuts/fruit you enjoy,drizzle the honey over the top, mix it up and eat it! 😛
Yum Yum! This was the perfect start to my day after my morning cardio session! It kept me full for long and it tastes great too.